WalkMyMiind is thrilled and privileged to present an amazing talk by Dr Patricia Lalor. We encourage you to go for a walk and listen to this phenomenal talk by Dr. Lalor as she talks about the amazing and complex organ, the liver. We hope you enjoy this extraordinary talk: Internal Affairs – Your Amazing Liver by Dr. Patricia Lalor.
For more information about Dr. Patricia Lalor, we’ve provided her biography below. You can find more about Dr. Patricia Lalor at http://www.birmingham.ac.uk/staff/profiles/immunology-immunotherapy/lalor-patricia.aspx
Dr Lalors’ undergraduate degree course in Biological Sciences provided the opportunity to take a year out in industry. She was fortunate to secure a placement in the laboratory of Professor Gerard Nash where she performed studies of platelet and leucocyte recruitment using his in vitro, flow based adhesion assays. On the back of this successful project Trish was offered funding to return to Professor Nash’s group to complete PhD studies investigating the role of a specific adhesion molecule, VCAM-1 in lymphocyte recruitment.
She then moved to the laboratory of Professor David Adams to establish flow-based adhesion technology for application to investigation of inflammation in the human liver. Here whilst continuing to investigate pathways of immune cell recruitment and retention in the human liver she also extended her research to specifically investigate the unique functions of hepatic sinusoidal endothelium and the dysregulation of hepatic metabolism in fatty liver disease.
Dr Lalor was appointed as a lecturer in Immunity and Infection 2007 and awarded a Senior Lectureship in 2013.
- Postgraduate Certificate in Academic Practice (2014)
- Foundation of Learning and Teaching in Higher Education(2012)
- PhD medicine (1998)
- BSc Hons Applied Biology (1994)
- Associate Fellow of the Higher Education Academy.
- Local and national outreach events
- Currently a member of the editorial board of the ‘World Journal of Gastroenterology’ and World Journal of Hepatology and also act as a language editor for these journals.
- Formerly served on the editorial board of the journal ‘Transplantation’.
- Member of the school faculty for The European Association for the Study of the Liver (EASL) Basic Hepatology School, and has served as a scientific representative on the committee responsible for The British Association for the Study of the Liver (BASL).
- Reviewer for professional journals including : ‘PLOSone’, ‘Cell transplantation’, ‘Gut’, ‘Hepatology’, ‘Journal of Leukocyte Biology’, ‘The American Journal of Transplantation’, ‘Inflammation Research’, ‘American Journal of Pathology’ ‘American Journal of Physiology’ ‘Liver International’ and ‘Liver Transplantation’.